OSWEGO COUNTY – Oswego County Today features top stories from the past week.
Fulton Town News:
- Fulton Block Builders (FBB) has notified 200 landowners in 23 separate blocks of their 2022 awards. Full story here.
- Burkes Home Center, Northern Ace Home Center, Lakeside Roofing and Siding, Waldron’s Furniture, CNY Roof Cleaning, Premier Landscaping, JCH Seamless Gutters and Erie Materials are coming together to support the Fulton Block Builder (FBB) program with discounts on essential supplies for complete home improvement projects. Full story here.
- With over 1,000 dedicated volunteers contributing their time and talents to Oswego County Opportunities (OCO), choosing a recipient for the Howard Wilcox Volunteer of the Year Award is a difficult task. Full story here.
News from the City of Oswego:
- With hands placed over hearts while standing to attention and reciting the Pledge of Allegiance, a plethora of veterans and residents gathered in remembrance of those who lost their lives serving in the during a Memorial Day celebration at Veterans Memorial Park in Oswego on Monday, May 30. Full article here.
- Mayor Billy Barlow announced a continued partnership with the Oswego-based veterans charity, Thank A Service Member, Inc (TASM) to provide a military appreciation lunch and fishing trip for serving members of military and veterans living in the town of Oswego. Full story here.
Oswego County News:
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) last week approved booster shots for children ages 5 to 11 due to the continued presence of cases of COVID-19 in communities across the country. Full story here.
- Summer is fast approaching and the Oswego City-County Youth Office is still accepting camper applications for Camp Hollis for the 2022 season. Full story here.
- The Leadership Oswego County Youth (LOCY) program is accepting applications from high school students in Oswego County who want to develop their leadership skills. Full story here.
- Citizens of Mexico City, New York, lined the streets on the morning of Monday, May 30, as the village honored fallen members of all branches of the U.S. military. Full story here.
- If Oswego County residents feel confused about the New York State Gasoline Tax Exemption and Oswego County Gasoline Tax Cap, then you are not not alone. Full story here.
- The Oswego County Sheriff’s Office wants to alert the community to the trend called the “Orbeez Challenge.” Full story here.
More news can be found in the links below: